When you combine Stage Actions with Questionnaires, you can automatically move the best candidates forward in your pipeline (or disqualify applicants who aren’t a good fit). The process starts in the questionnaire, with a multiple-choice or dropdown response type.
Candidate Questionnaires are available to customers on all paid plans. Admin permission is required to create and edit questionnaires.
You can set stage actions to move candidates based on an answer when you create a questionnaire, or later in its settings.
- Click the gear icon ⚙️ in the left sidebar.
- Hover over Recruiting Preferences and click Questionnaires.
- Click the edit icon (pad and pen) next to the correct questionnaire.
- Click + Add Question.
- Enter your question and a brief description, if you like.
- Choose Multiple Choice or Dropdown List response type.
- Add a list of options.
- Click + Action next to each option you’d like to associate with moving to a different stage and select Move To Stage (a triggering option).
- Click the Pipelines/Stage dropdown.
- Scroll to the correct pipeline and choose the stage to move the candidate to.
- Click Save Changes.
After a candidate completes the questionnaire, they’ll be moved according to the last triggering option they selected.
Note: If you’re using an older version of Questionnaires, you’ll see “Legacy” next to a questionnaire’s name on the list. With this version, the candidate will be moved according to the first triggering option they select.
If you only want to consider applicants with at least three years of experience, you could include a multiple-choice option in your initial questionnaire and screen candidates based on their answers.
Just add a question like “How many years of experience do you have in this role?”. Then, choose the multiple choice response type and add options like 0-3, 3-5, and 5+.
Since you only want to disqualify the candidates with 0-3 years’ experience, that’s the option you'll add the Move To Stage action to. Set that option to move the candidate to the Disqualified stage and that’s it!
When an applicant clicks the “0-3 years” option on their questionnaire, they’ll be disqualified immediately, saving you time screening for more experienced candidates.
Don't forget that you can also move candidates forward based on answers! Try using a question to filter people straight to the Interview or Background Check stage.
- You can only move candidates based on answers to Multiple Choice or Dropdown List response types.
- Alternatively, you can move candidates based on the completion of a questionnaire. Just click the checkbox under Move on Completion and choose the correct stage.
- If you've chosen to move a candidate based on an answer, you can’t also move based on completion. Only one move per questionnaire!
Updated 2 months ago