In Breezy, a “tag” is a word or phrase that you use to identify a group or characteristic you’d like to keep track of.
When you assign a tag to a candidate, you organize them as part of that group – a group you'd want to search for later on.
Say you hire for marketing pretty often, but not at the moment. When someone refers a candidate or sources a candidate with marketing experience, you might add the tag “marketing” to their profile.
When you're ready to hire for a marketing position again, you can search or filter for “marketing” and Breezy will generate a list of all your candidates with that tag – all the marketers that are already at your fingertips!
Note: Anyone can see and filter by tags, but only Hiring Managers can create them or add them to a candidate’s profile.
You can add a tag to a candidate from their profile. The tags you’ve added will appear in the Details section of the profile view.
- Open the candidate’s profile.
- Scroll to Tags in the Details section on the right-hand side of the window.
- Click + Add Tag.
- Type the name of the tag or scroll to find it on the list of options.
- Click the correct tag in the list — it will be added to the top of the Tag Candidate box.
- Add as many tags as you need and click Save.
If you don't see just the right tag on the list, just type a name for your tag, then click Create a new tag to save it.
To remove tags from a candidate’s profile, just click the X on the tag in the Details section of the profile.
When you’re ready to look at a candidate (or group of candidates) who’ve been tagged with a certain term, you can find them using the search box or filter views.
To search for a tag:
- Click the search box near the top of the left sidebar.
- Type the name of the tag you’re looking for.
A list of results will be displayed. Keep in mind that the results will include matches in several areas of candidate profiles, not only tags. To limit your results to candidates who have a specific tag, try filters instead.
To filter for a tag:
- Click Candidates in the left sidebar or open the Candidates view of any position.
- If needed, click the filter icon (funnel) near the top-left corner of the window to display Filtering Options.
- Click the checkbox to select the Tags filtering option.
- Click the Select Option dropdown and choose the correct tag.
- Click Apply Filter.
The list of candidates will be refined, to only show candidates who are tagged with the terms you requested.
If you’d like to filter for multiple tags, click + Add Filter under the Tags filter options and choose another tag. Then, click the dropdown above it to set AND or OR conditions.
You can always create a tag on the fly from a candidate’s profile. But if you’d like to set up tags proactively, or delete tags you’ve already created, you can use the Tag Manager in Recruiting Preferences.
To add or edit tags in the Tag Manager:
- Click the gear icon ⚙️ in the left sidebar.
- Hover over Recruiting Preferences and click Tag Manager.
- Type the name of the tag you’re looking for, or would like to create.
- Click Create new tag to create a new tag.
- Click Delete to delete an existing tag.
- Click Save Changes.
Note: When you delete a tag in the Tag Manager, it’s deleted across the entire Breezy account and removed from candidate profiles. If you just want to remove a tag from one candidate, you can do that from their candidate profile.
Updated about a month ago
Learn how to Search for tags and additional information in candidates profile.
|Applying and saving filters|